In addition to online payments, you may also want to accept payments directly to your bank account or collect money from your customers in person.
To provide such payment options you can set up offline payment methods in your online store, like wire transfer or cash on delivery.
How manual (offline) payments work
Some customers prefer not to pay using a credit card. Manual (or offline) payments allow you to accept online orders with payment made outside your store’s online checkout. This includes cash on delivery (COD), phone orders, and checks or bank transfers.
Orders purchased with a manual payment option are marked as Awaiting Payment in your store’s admin panel → Payment. The order status will remain Awaiting Payment until you arrange payment, collect the funds, and mark the order as Paid.
Your online store doesn’t charge any transaction fees for the orders that accept manual payments.
Setting up manual (offline) payment
To enable a manual payment in your online store:
- From your online store Control Panel, go to Payment.
- Find the block Manual Payment Methods.
- Click + Add Manual Payment Method:
4. Fill out the payment method name in the text box:
5. Add payment instructions to include any necessary information.
6. Save the changes.
7. Make sure the payment method is set to Enabled:
Adding payment instructions for customers
When accepting manual payments, it’s usually necessary to provide additional instruction to arrange payment. To add payment instructions upon checkout:
- From your online store admin panel, go to Payment.
- Find the payment method to which you want to add the instruction.
- Click Actions.
- Click Edit:
5. Add payment instructions for customers and provide details for how their order will be handled:
Customers will see the instructions upon choosing this payment method at checkout.