A search box allows customers to find products they look for faster. They can search for products by name, SKU, options, and other product information. To add a search box to your website, you need to add a code to your website backend.
TIP: For Wordpress users: learn how to add a product search to a WordPress site.
Adding a search box
To add a search box to your website:
- Go to your store admin → Website.
- Scroll down to the "Add your store to one more website" section and click Pick Platform → Other platforms and site builders.
- Click Add Product Search. The code will be copied to the clipboard.
- Go to the editor of your website and open the page where you want to display the categories menu.
- Paste the code to the source code of the page. Depending on your website, that may be an HTML or source tab or a separate button to add codes.
- Save and publish the changes.
A search box will appear on the site page where you paste the code.